Sunday, November 26, 2017

Famous Last Words: Back to Work

Well the vacation is over. I just got back from my home state, California. It was my son's first time out there and I hope it inspired him that the world is bigger than just what he sees here in Oklahoma. It was great to get away for a week and spend it with family and friends. The trip was to surprise a person I consider my brother that I have been playing online games with for about 10years. He was turning 50 and is moving to Arizona in June so me and a group of other friends that all play online thought it was the perfect time to do it. Yes, online friends can turn into family just like this group has. The trip helped recharge my mindset to focus more on my goals of getting back home and how to do it. School is a major factor in the plan.

We went to Venice, Santa Monica, Hollywood and all around SoCal. My son had never experienced anything like what he did during this trip. Just watching him with his eyes wide and the smile he had warmed my heart. I had done everything like that before so my enjoyment was watching him. The ocean was probably his favorite part. It was a little cold but he kept running in and out of the waves just being a kid. He got to meet my friends and he fit in perfectly. Some of them are engineers and seeing as he wants to become and engineer when he grows up it was inspiring from him. The cars that they drove probably helped that haha. I know this is sad to say but I even missed the traffic. At least I did not have to drive and was riding in a Tesla S the whole time.


Personal photo of The Lost Sons crew after the last breakfast (I'm the one in front)
Ventura, California 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment