Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Reading Options

Reading Options

For my week 2 reading I chose “Myth-Folklore Unit: Adam and Eve” as it gives different views than what is taught in a traditional church setting. Since I am not religious I like to get different points of view on topics and compare them with each other. This looks like it will be an interesting read and I will learn at least three different versions of the story. Link to the story.


Image Temptation of Adam and Eve. Genesis cap 3 v 6. after Raphael
 1 January 2000, 16:22:46 Author Phillip Medhurst. Source Wikipedia


One of the other readings that caught my attention is "Myth-Folklore Unit: The Monkey King Sun Wu Kung". I have seen a few movies that involve the monkey king and the name is familiar so what better choice? Asian mythology is something I enjoy next to Hawaiian mythology. Link to the story.


Image Sun Wukong and Jade Rabbit
1889 Yoshitoshi Tsukioka. Source Wikipedia

Another story "Myth-Folklore Unit: King Arthur" seemed to be a no brainer. Most of us have grown up knowing something about Arthur and his Knight of the Round table. To learn more about this subject and to get a grade for it will be a delight. Link to the story.


Image Arthurian knight
1903 Charles Ernest Butler. Source Wikipedia

No comments:

Post a Comment