Sunday, September 10, 2017

Growth Mindset: Talking to a Teenager

Recently I sat down with my teenage son to explain certain problem solving techniques. Sometimes he is referred to as "blond" when it comes to a lot of common sense issues but I know he just has not been taught the ways to deal with life events. We talked about how he would see something as complicated and I would show him how to come up with a way to find a solution in a few steps. Things in life are only as hard as you make them and if you open your eyes up to more ways to accomplish goals than what you are accustomed to than things have become that much easier. So don't always try to rush through things the same way, take a step back and think of other ways to solve something and it might be easier in the long run.
(Image Information: personal photo of my son Markis;
photo from March 2017.)

No comments:

Post a Comment