Monday, October 30, 2017

Famous Last Words: The Grind Continues

This week has been a very busy week to say the least. I was able to get my story done on time and my reading done. I think I have found the perfect way to get to where I want in this class. Sitting back and making a schedule and dedicating what free time you have to get work done early or done at all helps. Knowing I am going to California in a few weeks is also extra motivation to push to get ahead for that week I will be gone so I do not have to worry about school.

The reading this week was enjoyable and I liked taking one of the stories and making it my own. I think when it comes to the writing in this class I will probably keep telling it in a modern setting. The feedback I got for my portfolio project was extremely positive. Makes me think I do have a knack for writing somewhere. It also helped that my ignorant asshole friends enjoyed the story as well. Since we play games together we are very critical of each other. I stand by what I call them haha.

I found out I won 3rd place for the logo that I did. That means a lot and is a big accomplishment for a few reasons. The first is because nobody in my office thought it would do well and the support wasn't there. The second was because it was focused on the LGBT community. Not being LGBT myself I had to do some research on what would be appealing to the eye of someone who is. I feel that I accomplished that just from the feedback I had gotten from the event organizers back when I gave it to them. To have it when 3rd place out of hundreds of submissions made me emotional actually.

Until next week.......


Photo by Gerd Altmann, Source Pexels.

No comments:

Post a Comment