Sunday, October 22, 2017

Famous Last Words, Time to Get Real

This week has been a busy one to say the least. I am finally finished with one of my classes and can start to focus more on this one. I know I have been lacking when it comes to doing assignments for this class. I missed my goal of finishing early but life happens. After some math and figuring out what was possible to achieve in this class. I have come to the conclusion that it is still possible to pull an A this semester. As my title say, it is time to get real. Now that things have started to calm down a bit at work and with other school work I can focus more on completing all of the assignments and possibly starting to get ahead. I just need to put more time aside to accomplish this and I could possibly start winter break early, for school that is.

I did start to get more responsibility at work and more freedom to do things my way. As a graphic designer that is big. That means my work is actually appealing to someone and they want more of it. Maybe being nominated in the top 3 of logos submitted to the regional marketing and public relations competition didn't hurt. Top 3 out of hundreds of submissions, even the people in my office did not think I would place. I find out what I got next Saturday. This has lighted a fire in me that I did choose the right career path and strengthened the passion I have for graphic design, photography, marketing and public relations. Because of this I know I need to keep learning new methods and faster techniques to help my career move further, can't stay part-time forever. So between school and work I have learned a lot and know what I need to do. Moving forward hopefully these goals are accomplished.


Image created with Cheezburger

1 comment:

  1. Way to go on getting in the top 3 for your competition! Hoping you get good news when the final results come in. That is a huge accomplishment! I am also hoping to get ahead as I know those final weeks of the semester are hectic. Best of luck in the rest of your semester and your career!

    ReplyDelete