Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Week 8 Reading and Writing

Week 8 Reading and Writing


Looking back at some of the reading I have done has me torn. On one hand I love the imagination a person had to come up with these stories and on the other I am not a fan of some of the writing styles. I understand that writing evolves everyday but some of the ways the reading assignments were originally written makes them hard to stay focused. With that said you have to power through some of them. They have given me a lot of good scenarios to play on in my writing though. Making these stories have a more modern feel that can gravitate towards a broader audience is the goal. 

The class project idea is great, I just need to settle things down so I can work on it more. I know I myself have let a lot of stories go unwritten for my project. Life does happen unfortunately. Moving forward there will be more stories and better examples of what I am trying to accomplish.




Illustration from the book "Twenty years before the mast"
by Charles Erskine. Page 226. Source Wikimedia

The reason I chose this image is that it has a lot to do with my culture. I am half Hawaiian and very excited to get to write and learn more about some of the mythology of the past. 

Moving on hopefully things will slow down so I can focus more. Being pulled this way and that way is never fun, especially when you have assignments to do. Do I have to adult today?

No comments:

Post a Comment